It is essential to have a detailed knowledge of your organisation's
IT infrastructure in order to make best use of it. The main task of
Configuration Management is to keep an up-to-date record of all the
components in the IT infrastructure configuration and the interrelations
This is not a simple task and requires the cooperation of the people
managing other processes, in particular Change Management and Release
The main objectives of Configuration Management are:
- Providing accurate and reliable information to the rest of the organisation about all the components of the IT infrastructure.
- Keep the Configurations Database up-to-date:
- Up-to-date records of all CIs: identification, type, location, status, etc.
- Interrelations between CIs.
- Services provided by each CI.
- Serve as a support to the other processes, in particular to Incident Management, Problem Management and Changes Management.
Casiano Rodríguez León
Principios de Programación Imperativa, Funcional y Orientada a Objetos Una Introducción en Perl/Una Introducción a Perl
por Casiano Rodríguez León
is licensed under a Creative Commons Reconocimiento 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://campusvirtual.ull.es/ocw/course/view.php?id=43.