The main activities difficulties in Configuration Management are:
- Incorrect planning: it is essential to programme the necessary activities correctly to avoid duplications or mistakes.
- Inappropriate CMDB structure: keeping an excessively detailed and exhaustive configuration database up-to-date can be a time-consuming process requiring too many resources.
- Inappropriate tools: it is essential to have the right software to speed up the data entry process and make the best use of the CMDB.
- Lack of Coordination between Change and Release Management making it impossible to maintain the CMDB correctly.
- Lack of organisation: it is important for there to be a correct assignment of resources and responsibilities. Where possible, it is preferable for Configuration Management to be undertaken by independent specialist personnel.
- Lack of commitment: the benefits of Configuration Management are not immediate and are almost always indirect. This can lead to a lack of interest on the part of management and consequently a lack of motivation among the people involved.
Casiano Rodríguez León
Principios de Programación Imperativa, Funcional y Orientada a Objetos Una Introducción en Perl/Una Introducción a Perl
por Casiano Rodríguez León
is licensed under a Creative Commons Reconocimiento 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://campusvirtual.ull.es/ocw/course/view.php?id=43.